– WWL’ LP ‘Pyramids’ was nominated for a 2014 Western Canadian Music Award for ‘Pop Recording of the Year’
– WWL single ‘Islands’ official video is at over 32,000 views on YouTube
– ‘Islands’ was chosen to be the theme song for Tourism Saskatoon’s 2014 / 15 campaign
– WWL have opened for Tegan and Sara, Metric, Janelle Monae, Mother Mother, Awol Nation, Young Galaxy, Young Empires, Handsome Furs, and the New York Dolls.
– WWL have showcased at BIME in Bilbao, Spain, SXSW in Austin, NXNE in Toronto, CMF in Toronto, Western Canadian Music Awards, Halifax Pop Explosion, the Sasktel Jazz Festival and Ness Creek Festival
– WWL have toured North America multiple times playing much of the U.S, namely NYC, Las Vegas, Austin, TX and Los Angeles at the legendary Viper Room
– WWL recorded their self titled EP in NYC with Engineer / Producer Chris Coady (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV On The Radio, Beach House, etc)
– Single ‘Jealous Lovers’ aired on MTV’s television show ‘Awkward’ in November ’13
– Single ‘We’ve Got It’ has been featured on Nylon TV Fashion ‘webisodes’
– WWL have charted on CDN College Radio on the Top 10 and 30 on various stations.
– WWL are currently working on a new album
“Saskatoon indie-electro dance-rockers Ash Lamothe and Elsa Gebremichael have a penchant for post-punk guitars which lands them squarely in Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs territory.” – NXNE.com, Toronto
“A little bit of 80s new wave with a little bit of New York grit… We Were Lover’s new self-titled EP shines over four songs, capturing the attention of club kids and Brooklyn beat followers every where.” – Amy Dittmeier, www.heavemedia.com, Chicago
“Sure to be Canada’s sweetest export since Maple Syrup, We Were Lovers combines their solid pop sensibilities with an untamed rock and roll edge… WWL create popular music with an original twist..” – CMJ Magazine, New York